BCCS

BCCS

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Choir School Conference

I am currently at the Choir School Association annual conference in Norwich. Headteachers of the 43 Choir Schools meet at this time each year and there are a number of themes under discussion. One in particular struck a chord with me, led by one of my colleagues Marcus Culverwell from Reigate St Mary's School. The session raised the question of social responsibility and climate change. Students at BCCS respond very positively to charitable activities and I know that many are aware and concerned about global issues surrounding the challenges of energy, water, poverty etc. As a city centre school I would like to encourage staff and students to become even more aware of how we travel into school each day. As the fine weather (hopefully) approaches I hope that we can be encouraged to find some alternatives to car journeys over the summer months. I have begun to cycle into work, though not every day and often one way only! I hope that staff are aware that we do run a cycle to work scheme and I am looking forward to the delivery of my new bike and car rack over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment